Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Summer is coming - what to do with the Kids?

OK, in my inaugural post, I'll highlight the perennial battle working families have. Do we let our kids do like we did when we were little (which was absolutely nothing but play with the other kids in the neighborhood), or plunk them down in a series of camps to keep them occupied - since they need child care anyway? Short version of the story for now -

  • University of Santa Clara family camp for week, Vacation Bible School basketball camp and inventor camps for the oldest.
  • Gymboree and athletic camps for the youngest, lots of free story time and mighty mites.

I hope the money doesn't run out. Wish me luck, and we'll check in a little later to see how we're doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... that's a toughy! We've been going over the same thing. Probably not as seriously because Kirsten doesn't start school until Fall '08. But we've tried to make plans for those winter breaks, spring breaks, & summer months. We're not really sure what we're going to do. I think the general concensus is that I work part time as long as we can allow for so I can be home with the girls when they're home & only spend part time in a camp or something of that nature. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you don't have money run out. From personal experience, it sucks! *crosses fingers*

exercise ticker

weight goals

Coming Events

Noctural Visitor

Noctural Visitor
Hello, little buddy