Saturday, October 27, 2007

Jumping Off

Today has been a pivotal day in terms of life after Intel. While I really like what I am doing (most of the time), I am pragmatic in knowing failure to plan for life after Intel could result in someone else making choices for me. Last Friday night @ the gym, I had a great conversation with an HR / Biz consultant who is looking for some resources with basic technology and corporate knowledge to partner with. This week at work, I was reminded by several folks that my value came in the consulting I have been providing. One of those clients commented that I was like one of their own personal Bain consultants (only cheaper) ;-)
During a soccer party, I was able to discuss some of the great work one of the moms is currently doing as around diabetes treatment through her startup and some follow on implications. Without going into details, the wheels started spinning, and a few of my medical and chemical engineering brain cells started firing again, and we agreed to get together in a few weeks to understand further where this could lead.
So I did it. My brother and I started to put down on paper a few key questions that will help build a better long term business plan, and understand the local economy and dynamics. I'll put a little time into firing up the network, and do some exploration with a few of my local buddies. Figuring out if this will help the kids situation will be critical to the next steps, too. I don't know where this journey will end, I only know I (with Frank's support) have taken the first step down the road.

Wish us luck ( prayers are welcome)

Kristi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

exercise ticker

weight goals

Coming Events

Noctural Visitor

Noctural Visitor
Hello, little buddy