Sunday, June 3, 2007

Boys grow up so quickly!




This weekend was spent in Red River, NM. Frank, I, Brett and Grant went up to do nothing, and failed miserably. We had a blast, though. Brett has discovered a skateboard/scooter called a Fuzion, and we took it up to RR - he rode up and down the town like he owned the place. Grant rode his little bike (with the handle for the adults to keep track of him). Brett caught his first fish, an 8" rainbow trout. He was also the first Kidder Uno Attack Champion.
Grant did one of the craziest firsts I've ever heard of. Frank and I signed up for a 2 hour sunset ATV ride (with the boys) up to Cabresto Lake (~18 miles, round trip). Frank spent most of his time with Brett hanging on for dear life behind him, and I spent most of my time with Grant in front of me. He would either hold onto my arms, or push the buttons when I told him to shift gears. He did great most of the way to the lake, but needed me to slow down every once in a while when the road got too bumpy. He did typical 3 year old stuff, including throw rocks in the lake. When we started to head back, he just kept getting quieter and quieter. About 2 miles in, he dropped off completely. After that, I drove the ATV with one hand until we got back to the bottom of Mallette Canyon. What troopers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a great mother! Those kids have a wonderful time with you guys. Sounds like an excellent weekend.

exercise ticker

weight goals

Coming Events

Noctural Visitor

Noctural Visitor
Hello, little buddy