Friday, August 15, 2008

Waning hours of summer vacation...

As I look out my kitchen window at the mountains and the twilight, I realize we're in the waning hours of summer vacation, lodged squarely between the nights of summer freedom, the start of school, and the transition to our favorite time - New Mexico fall.

As the summer ends, we bid fond farewell to our nanny Sarah, who is off to *gasp* NMSU to study journalism. The boys had a great summer - swimming, Pop Pops, movies, and managed to stay relatively balanced while Frank and I traveled ( mostly me.) Much thanks and good luck to Sarah this fall!

With school approaching, we're trying to get schedules set, after school decisions made, and figure out how I'm going to juggle the first week of school with a trip to Oregon I'm supposed to take.

But even as I'm a little worried about the logistics, I am happy to report the very first hints of fall have arrived. I have sunflowers blooming with cute little yellow and red finches; I tasted my first fresh green chile from Wagner's Farm tonight, the AC turned off about 6 PM tonight, and deadlines are approaching for the New Mexico State Fair. The boys are trying to finish their "Creations", I'm trying to decide if any of my Israel pictures are good enough, and I can't wait to wander aimlessly in less than a month. Also about 12 days til the Lobo Football season opener. Lots of former Lobos playing in the NFL, too!

Here's praying for a lot more time at home in the fall.

Lots of love for now.


FYI: Pyewacket is still AWOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Sarah & her venture to school! I'm sure she'll do great!

You've been travelling a LOT lately! Seems like it's been difficult for both of us to catch each other... even on the phone!

I hope you all are doing well with the adjusted schedules now that school has begun. It's definitely been an interesting first school week for us. & I am VERY sad to hear about Pyewacket. :-(

exercise ticker

weight goals

Coming Events

Noctural Visitor

Noctural Visitor
Hello, little buddy