Friday, May 9, 2008

Mothers I love...

I have been blessed. The strength of the women I have come to know as I have traveled through this life astounds me. In honor of Mother's day, I would like to take the time to recognize some of them publicly - they mean the world to me!

My mom - She enabled me to know I can do anything I set my mind to. She gives me an example to strive for - in the face of every situation. She faces life with grace, humor, intelligence, faith, family, and a deck of cards.

Her mom - Grandmares - For bringing such strong and vibrant and loving daughters into the world.

Nana - For her unwavering optimism, her perserverance, her unflappable knowledge that she is doing what is right for her family ( especially her grandsons.)

Heather - For her willingness to share her son so that I could become a mother. Her strength amazes me daily, and the wonderful woman she has developed into. Her mother, Mary, for embracing us and loving us into her family from the beginning.

Carmen - for holding on just tightly enough to keep us connected, even when I was overloaded. Thank you for that, Carmen! (and I hope to see you at the butte this summer! )

Rachel - for her willingness to embrace the journey we are on together, for her bubbly laughter, companionship, for the family she has brought into our lives.

Susan - my best friend. It is likely she and I will commiserate for years to come on the impishness of our sons, our families' life journey, our (only slightly) mis-spent youth.

Deb - She has shown me the light at the end of the tunnel - two boys well grown up. They are her pride and joy ( as they should be), and she's a Packers fan to boot!

Working mom's extraordinaire - Xiaomei, Laura, Victoria, Joyce - incredibly capable moms who still show me that you can be a great professional too.

Lindy - Our "other" mother. Her 4 years with us allowed me to be a better mom. Because I knew that Lindy was in the house, I had clear conscious about how the kids were growing up, even while I was working. Her love, attention, and time, ensured that Brett and Grant continue to grow up to meet their potential.

Jennifer and Rose - who have from time to time, embraced the Kidders and allowed us to be part of their extended families.

My wish for you - a terrific mother's day, and that you can stop and acknowledge how you have impacted our lives! Lots of Love,

Kristi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW Kristi. What a great compliment that you included me. I'm especially surprised since you are my "mom role model".
Love, Joyce

exercise ticker

weight goals

Coming Events

Noctural Visitor

Noctural Visitor
Hello, little buddy